Saturday, 20 May 2017

"Aa" TRAY. TODDLER ACTIVITY15

I find setting up play trays a really goo544wd way to focus the children1's interest and play. It's like curiosity sets in and they all want to know what fun the tray hqqàolds today!! Maybe I should set up a tea making tray and train the little ones up early on!  😊 

This week our letter is Aa. I used flash cards stuck to the tray and a little wooden "a" for the introduction to the letter and then added some toys that start with the letter. We also watch the Jolly Phonics rhyme that goes with each letter on You Tube and sing itwa while playing.  Through the week items get added to the tray as we find more things that start with that letter.

I have also made a point of looking through ABC books each day with the children to reinforce the letter and sound recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts and see who is reading my little blog. Pop up a post and I will always swing by and visit your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails